MENDING MINDS FOUNDATION
We believe that everyone regardless of their social, cultural, religious, political, sexual, or other affiliation deserves help and intervention when going through a mental crisis at any point in their lives.
To promote wellbeing ,compassion ,acceptance ,respect, accessibility, sincerity and empowerment.
Committed to the wellness of individuals, communities and organisations through prevention, awareness, intervention and empowerment.
Our programmes implementation, which includes trainings , gives people the skills they need to reach out and provide initial help, professional help, access to affordable or free Mental Health services.We also offer reliable Mental Health Resources ,tools ,interventions, psychosocial support, empowerment among other needs in diverse settings.
More than 5 million people across Kenya and beyond to be trained on our Mental Health awareness programmes .
Organisations, Caregivers, communities, community leaders,GBV survivors,PWDs,People with Mental illnesses, rescued children and teenagers, people in recovery, marginalised communities ,intersectional groups and other vulnerable groups.
“When someone is struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma, or other Mental Health conditions, family members are not sure what to do.”
It gives you the skills you need to identify – and ultimately help someone in need. Prevention, promotion and awareness of Mental Health is just as important as important as physical health.
- Awareness to the society on how to identify, understand and respond to warning signs of Mental Health difficulties.
- Sensitise communities, organisations on how to recognise mental health problems
- Stop stigma and discrimination against people with mental health problems
- Provide support by connecting individuals to appropriate help.
- Minimize delay to professional help by identifying Mental illness patients and directing them to where they can get help.
- Provide Community-based support groups that will build strong communities and offer support.